- BICS offers Good Lab Practices training offered by a SETA Accredited Facilitator and Assessor by Food & Beverage SETA.
- World Class Manufactures need to equip themselves with the basic requirements to ensure a well established and run organisations.
- GLP & GMP are sought after fundamental skills that every personnel in a Laboratory environment must have.
- BICS offers Implementation of GLP and review for continuous improvement.
WHAT IS GLP?
- What is Good Lab Practices and why do we need to practice it?
- Why was GLP created?
- What is the purpose of GLP?
- What are the principles of GLP?
- What are the safe laboratory practices?
- Who should practice GLP?
- What are the benefits of GLP?
- Has the study been planned and process explained?
- Has all the resources been made available?
- Is the Quality Management System in place?
- How will the study be performed?
- How will it be conducted and results reported?
- How will the results be archived?
10 PRINCIPLES OF GLP
Test facility, Organisation and personnel
Are the facilities conducive?
Are the test systems and methods validated?
Performance of the study
Reporting of the study results
Quality Assurance Programme
Apparatus, Material and Reagents in order?
Are test and reference substances made available?
Are the Standard Operating Procedures in place?
Storage and retention of records and material
5 PRINCIPLES OF GMP
5S PRINCIPLES OF GMP
- Has 5S been implemented?
- Has GMP been implemented?
- How is it reviewed and tracked?
- Is Management involved?
- Is the change led and managed?
- How are NCR`s managed?
LAB EFFICIENCY OPTIMIZATION(LEO)
- Improve 5S + Safety in the Laboratory
- 5S is a system of organising spaces so work can be performed efficiently, effectively & safely.
- This system focuses on putting everything where it belongs and keeping workspaces clean.
- Improved system of Consumables Inventory.
- Efficiently running laboratories.
BENEFITS OF 5S
- Improve safety in the Laboratory
- Work executed without wasting time.
- Eliminates hazards and reduces injuries.
- Cost saving initiatives since nothing will be going to waste.
- Improved results Turn-Around-Time
- Reduced production stoppages
- Compliance of Governmental Regulations and Local By-Laws
5 PRINCIPLES OF GMP
CHEMICAL COMPATIBILITY TRAINING
- SAFE CHEMICAL STORAGE
- Typical chemical storage include temperature, Ignition Control, Ventilation, Segregation & Identification.
- Proper segregation is important to prevent important materials from inadvertently coming into contact with one another.
- If incompatible materials could come into contact with each other, this could result in fire, violent reactions or release of toxic gases.
- Enclosed storage to be acquired and fitted properly with ventilation ( Flammable Cupboards)